Want to give your beard an amazing look and make it feel soft? then you have definitely come to the right place. For most men taking care of a beard can turn out to be quite troublesome. Some men complain about beard rash, skin irritation and a more common occurrence is beard dandruff. Yuck!
Beard dandruff though isn’t the result of neglect or poor hygiene, it occurs because our facial skin has sebaceous glands that are responsible for the creation of natural oils called sebum that act as a coating agent for our skin and hair follicles. When we grow our facial hair into a beard the amount of sebum secreted does not increase with the increase of hair, it remains the same. This lack of natural oils causes the facial skin to become dry, itchy, and flaky. Since the sebaceous glands are no longer able to secrete an adequate amount of oils to keep the extra hair and our skin underneath moisturized and healthy it’s up to us to supply and replace these essential healthy oils.
Using a few natural products like Essential Beard Oil, Beeswax Beard Conditioner or a Mustache & Beard Wax will ensure your beard is not only soft but will also assist you in shaping and styling unkempt facial fuzz, as well as prevent skin irritation, dryness and beard dandruff.
Before Applying Beard Conditioner
Beard Conditioner is not at all a complicated product to use and apply. However, having said that, there is always a correct procedure to apply it. So, before applying the actual beard wax there are certain things you need to do.
Steps to Maintaining a Healthy Beard
- Make sure your beard is clean before you apply the beard wax. You can clean your beard with shampoo or beard wash and ensure that the facial hair is nice and clean.
- Towel dry your beard leaving it slightly damp and carefully comb out any tangles before applying the wax or conditioner.
- Next soften the wax so that you can easily apply it to your beard by moving your fingers around the surface of the wax and take out the adequate amount that you want to apply.
- Apply the wax or conditioner from the center of the mustache and on the sides of the beard working your way to the rest of the beard slowly. This will ensure that the wax is spread out thoroughly to your entire beard.
- Use a beard brush to spread the wax evenly throughout your beard hair. You can also use a fine tooth comb but a dense beard brush will work best on a thick beard.
- Along with using the brush to apply and set the wax, also use it to shape your beard. With the help of a comb, you can easily create any shape you would like.
- Once you have applied the wax on your beard and given it the desired shape, allow the wax or conditioner a few minutes to dry and set in.
After following the above mentioned steps you will no doubt achieve the desired and perfect look for your beard while maintain healthy happy skin and follicles . Remember to keep the beard clean, apply beard wax or conditioner to damp facial hair. Use other products like beard oil as needed for maintaining its softness and complete hair health. All these products will ensure you have a healthy happy beard.